Here is the link to the google doc for the terms. Please add 2 terms to the list. First come first serve for the term. Do not repeat a term. Please include the most significant terms first. Put your name in brackets after the term.
Questions we brainstormed about the Depression in Canada
- was there anyone that was excluded from the effects of Depression?
- who was especially hard hit by the Depression?
- how long did it take them to realize that they were in a depression? how long did it take them to act?
- To what extent were the actions of the government helpful?
- What monetary policies were used to alleviate the depression?
- Would the depression have lasted as long if there wasn’t a drought?
- What event/action/legislation was most responsible for ending the depression
- did unemployment do down at the end of the depression? why?
- what kind of unemployment went up?
- how were women’s roles changed/affected during the depression and why?
- how did the depression affect the education system?
- what was the cause of the depression in Canada? was it different from the USA?
- since the world was becoming more globalized in this era, did Canada/why did Canada not look for different markets?
- how did workers fare during the Great Depression? Were unions strong or weak? did wages rise or fall? did working conditions improve or worsen?
- how were the arts affected by the depression?
- What radical politics developed in Canada as a result of the GD?